Salute 2012 Round-Up
This year was the fourth time I’ve travelled to the Excel in London for Salute, the world’s biggest wargames show, which celebrated its fortieth birthday this year.
As always there was so much great stuff to take in, far more than I can easily recall, so here are some of the highlights for me:
- The amazing 10mm SF miniatures produced by Hawk Wargames for their forthcoming DropZone Commander game. Some of the finest quality miniatures I’ve ever seen.
- Curis’s amusing “Avengers Assemble” cartoon on the Ninjabread stand
- Robin’s amazing Gruntz tables, whose creation I’ve been following on his blog. There seemed to be a lot of 15mm SF games this year, featuring GZG, Old Crow, Brigade and many others, but Robin’s tables stood out for me
- Finding a very cheap Warmachine battlebox and splitting it with a friend, so now I have another game to learn! Looking forward to painting my Khador battlegroup.
- some really nice (and surprisingly cheap) accessories and components from Anvil Industry, which would be very handy for someone wanting to create a pre-Heresy Space Marine army
- The completely batshit insane ApORKalypse game put on by the South London Wargames people
I didn’t take many photos this year, but my esteemed colleague Steg took a bunch, and I’ve put my favourites below.